Rajgad Institute of Management Research & Development adopts various student centric teaching learning methods for enriching learning experience. The student centric method includes experiential learning, participative learning, problem solving methodologies etc. all the essential facilities are provided to staff to enhance the development of students. The list of other contemporary methods include online certifications, language lab, ICT enabled teaching, Case study etc. The institute’s continuous efforts related with experimental learning, participative learning and problem solving methodologies are summarized below:
1) Experiential Learning:
- An industrial visit and field visits are organized every year to help students connect theory with practical education.
- Excel Lab sessions are conducted to learn about representation of pie charts, graphs etc. Students use these representations techniques during data analysis and interpretation in their summer internship project.
- Students undertake dissertation & summer internship project work to understand the contemporary issues in management. This leads them to mining data from different sources and approaches to the issue at hand.
2) Participative Learning: Rajgad Institute of Management Research & Development uses Participative Learning to encourage students to actively involve in learning process. The Institute uses many methods for participative learning like a few given below:
- Group Discussions
- Role Plays
- Class Room Presentations
- Small Group Exercises
- Team Building Exercises
- Management Games
- Participation in Inter-Institute Competitions
- Participation in various committees and cells for organizing various events like seminar conferences
- Planning, Participation and execution of annual social gathering -Srujan
- Workshops are organized by the institution to exhibit technical skills of students.
3) Problem Solving Methodologies: Catering to critical thinking, creativity and problem solving skills required by the corporate world, many activities are undertaken to acquaint the students with real issues of businesses. Student should learn to identify problems and use innovative thinking to solve problems faced by the business organizations. Such activities include - Case Analysis and Discussions, Research Projects etc.
4) ICT Enabled Teaching Learning:Rajgad Institute of Management Research & Development use a diverse set of ICT tools to create, communicate, circulate, store and manage information. In some contexts, ICT has also become integral to the teaching-learning interaction, through approaches as replacing chalkboards with interactive digital whiteboards, using teachers’ own smartphones, laptop or other devices for learning during class time. These approaches can lead to progressive thinking skills, provide creative and individualized options for students to express their understandings and leave students better prepared to deal with ongoing technological change in society and workplace.
The Participatory learning environment provided at RIMRD can also refer to specific forms of advanced learning techniques that are based on the latest technical upgradation. The faculty at our institute use chalk and board as well as smart boards and LCD projector in classroom teaching. Students are also encouraged to interact during the lecture hour by getting the doubts clarified on the spot. Rajgad Institute of Management Research & Development has well equipped computer lab with over 92 desktop computers, 14 printers, 1 Server, 20 application softwares and updated devices. All computers have quick heal antivirus software to prohibit virus attacks. Final year students complete their summer internship project and dissertation studies with the help of these softwares. Total RIMRD campus is Wi-Fi enabled. The institute also has 10 licenses of Language & Soft Skill Lab for Personality Development. Students make use of this lab for improving verbal communication.
At RIMRD we have two Smart classrooms, each with audio and video facility. The faculty members make use of this facility for classroom teaching, interactive sessions and project presentation by the students. Students and teachers also additionally avail the facility of online softwares and courses like SWAYAM/NPTEL. The digital library in the institute is equipped with E-Resources like JGATE, DELNET and NDL. The Details of ICT tools shown in the following diagram.